How to Get Rid of Underarm Stains on Shirts
You need several techniques for how to get rid of underarm stains on shirts, because there are certain things you can do for white clothing that you can’t do for color garments. Also, you’ll find yourself in all kinds of different situations, so you want to have several stain-fighting techniques at your disposal.
Most of the time, armpit stains appear on white t-shirts and other white apparel. That’s because the deodorant we use tend to build up a residue that isn’t always washed away in the washing machine. This especially shows up on white clothing, so we need a special cleaner to get rid of those ugly stains.
Read the stain removal tips below, to give you a number of options. Follow the directions to the letter, because some of the suggestions specifically warn against use on color clothes.
Clorox– Clorox is chlorine bleach, but it needs to be applied immediately after you get home from whatever put the sweat stains on your shirt. Only do this for white shirts and don’t use it too often, because it tends to wear out the garment faster. Chlorine bleach is also bad for the environment. Oxyclean works just the same.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Buy a 2-3% solution and put 1-2 teaspoons on the armpit stain in question. Rub the stain, let the solution sit, then add it to the wash. Once again, don’t add hydrogen peroxide to color clothes, as that’s going to ruin the garment about as quick.
- Clarsskin Underarm Cleanser – Clars Skin is a product marketed to help people get rid of shirt stains left over from deodorant. If you’re really serious, buy some Clarsskin Stain Remover.
- Baby Wipes – Believe it or not, baby wipes are known to get stains out of clothes, because they are alcohol-based cleaners. The great thing, they don’t hurt color clothes. The smell is going to be awful at first, but might be just the thing you need to get rid of tough underarm stains on shirts. These can help out on the town, though keep in mind you may have to deal with smells and crusty stuff.
- Borax – Boric acid also gets rid of stains. Mix the powder with water to make a paste. Rub the paste onto your shirt stains and let it sit for 30 minutes. Brush away the dried boric acid, then throw it in the wash.
- Enzyme Cleaners – Enzymes specifically designed to remove stains work like gang busters. Enzymes are proteins made from amino acids, and are most famous as the fluids that help humans and creatures digest food. Enzymatic cleaners get rid of the rough stains, so they should be able to get rid of armpit stains. Use as directed on the bottle.
Getting Rid of Underarm Stains on T-Shirts
One of the techniques for how to get rid of underarm stains on shirts we listed above should be able to help you with your problem. There’s nothing worse than just getting out of the shower and wearing a shirt right out of the washer, and looking like you have nasty armpit stains. This is not a way to impress the ladies, so learn how to get rid of underarm sweat stains and deodorant stains and never get caught in this situation again.